Friday, September 02, 2005

Time To Get Back To Homesteading

The last few days have had me glued to the TV watching the news and praying. The praying I can still do but today the TV is off and I am going to get back to the chores I need to get done. Yes, there are people that have lost everything and my heart goes out to them. I have donated, offered a home and pray they will soon be in a more stable livable environment. There is nothing else I can do but get things back to normal here. I feel guilty being able to have a normal life while so many don't or may never again. I have to put my trust in God that the victims of Katrina will soon be in homes. I am going to finish my touch-ups in the dining room. I am going to do somemore raking and burning in the yard. I am going to take care of the animals. I am going to finish my laundry. And while I am doing all these things I am going to pray. Have a blessed day everyone

2 comments:

Shell said...

Isn't it horrendous. I was watching the late news here last night and I think it is the first time I really understood the enormity of the situation. You shouldn't feel guilty. My mum always says 'there but for the grace of god go I' - it's the lottery of life I suppose. You are doing what you can, and it seems like the greatest lesson is to learn to love, appreciate, and feel blessed about our 'mundane' lives - just as you have done!

Saija said...

i too need to turn the tv off ... and do other things ... if we pray and if we give ... then from a distance, that is all we can do ...

i came via Maggie Ann's blog ... so sad about her mum ... but at least she is with the Lord - how precious that is ...