Monday, January 30, 2006

This morning I have been unloading the van and setting out the plants I brought back from our house in Lexington. William and I dug up some of my favorites so I could bring them here. Having a nice warm day with a chance of rain seemed to be the perfect time to set them out. The cats and dogs are happy I am home and enjoying the attention and treats. I have so much to unpack and put away and things I need to move around to make room for that its going to be a busy day. I am very blessed to have a home, garden, pets, and things to do. This whole month has been filled accidents and deaths that has me realizing how short life is and how it shouldn't be taken for granted. Go enjoy your home, garden, pets and most of all enjoy your family and count your blessings! Today's thought for the day and scripture:

I can do all things through Christ which strengthen me. Philippians 4:13

I don't know whether it will work or not; and what is more, I never shall know until I try. There has many a thing been accomplished in this world that never would have been, had people settled it in their minds that it couldn't be done before they had made vigorous efforts to do it.

4 comments:

melissa said...

What you say is true...life really does whiz by. And it does pay to not get caught up in the non-essentials.

You sound all soft and gentle. Life dealing hard blows tends to do that. Enjoy a quiet day in your garden. Just savor it.

Love to you...

eyes_only4him said...

wonderful peggy, I sometimes dont count my blessings, but I really to start..becuase you just never know what is around the corner for you.

Amy said...

I love that bible verse, it's a great one to remember when I get tired out.

Miss Robyn said...

Peggy - love this post. we all need to stop sometimes and take stock of just how lucky we are. Love & hugs to you sweet friend xox