Sunday, March 26, 2006

Home At Last

I am home. Had a nice trip. Kristine had a bowling party and several of her friends were there and their parents. Went back to Maggie's and spent the night where Kristine gave up her room for me and bedded with her little sister... Thank you Kristine. Brannon made a huge pot of chili and Maggie made cheese bread so we had a good supper. I have a head cold or the flu, not sure which just know I am achy, head and nose are stuffed up, throat sore and I was told I looked as bad as I felt so went to bed at Maggie's at 8:30. Got up this morning and after a pancake breakfast I headed to Melody's where Megan had left my birthday gift as she and Brian are in Mississippi building a house for a week. Left Melody's and drove an hour and stopped at my mother's grave to see if they had done the repairs we had ask. Left there drove 2 hours and met my mother in law on the side of the road in Lexington so she could give me a gift, some plants and some whiskey so I can mix it with honey and lemon before bed. Drove the 2 hours on here, unpacked the car, fed all the animals,caught up on emails and blogs... And had my shower, built a fire and going to relax on the sofa watch a movie and fall asleep. Thank you Maggie and family for the beautiful patio pot planted with spring flowers and yes thank you Brannon for the Elvis care ( I will pay you back) Thank you Megan and family for the beautiful opal necklace, garden plaque, pot sticks, garden trowel and bird feeder....... I am very blessed with the gift of having 3 wonderful daughters, 3 wonderful son in laws and NINE wonderful grandchildren.... All of you made my weekend special!

7 comments:

Patty said...

It sounds like you had a nice weekend. I am sorry to hear you have a cold and hope you feel better soon. I always enjoy your blog and will check back again to see how you are.

Shell said...

Oh, it sounds as though you have a wonderful family! I'm sorry to hear that you weren't feeling well for your little trip, but I am glad that you had a nice time regardless.

It's nice to hear someone say how blessed they are. BJ and I were talking last night about how so many people we know complain and are down all the time when they have so much to be thankful for (and I'm guilty of it myself a lot of the time too), so it's refreshing to read a blog like yours where you count your blessings. It reminds me to do the same thing.

Gail said...

I too feel blessed with my family.I understand where your coming from.Hope the head cold is getting better.

Kristy said...

So gald you had a lovely time.So sorry to hear your are not so well.Hope the honey and lemon helps-not too much whiskey though!

DonnaB said...

I'm glad you got to see your family...that was probably the best gift of all. Don't overdo until your head cold is all better.

Maggie Ann said...

What a dirty shame you were sick on your birthday weekend..I'm sorry. Wish I could make you better with a wish...smile. Sounds like you got a lot of birthday 'lovin' and wonderful gifts. Hope you're all better soon.

Leann said...

Welcome home dearheart!!! I am so sorry you are not feeling well, though... Praying you feel better soon and I look forward to seeing garden pictures when you get a chance!