Friday, April 28, 2006

Have a Great Weekend!


The sun is shining, the birds are singing and I have gotten some things done today. We were blessed with a night and day of steady rain so everything is growing and looking good. Miss Diva has settled down and giving lots of milk. The chickens are growing and love riding on Diva's back. The kittens are eating well and taken over the livingroom. Ms. Dilly has climbed the curtains twice and I have had to rehang them. Ms. Gracie loves walking across the key board so all kinds of weird things pop up on my screen and I have to fix it. I finally got smart and put the mouse in the drawer when I am not on the computer because all the kittens pull it off the desk so they can play with the laser light. One more week and they will be ready to leave mommy. I have cleaned and vacuumed the livingroom and dining room. Hope to finish the bedroom before bedtime. Will be driving to Lexington tomorrow morning to meet William there. Taking him some food and other items. He wants to try to go to an auction there before I head back home and he heads for MI. I am also taking some of my soaps as Sharon knows someone that has a country craft type store that is willing to sell my soaps and the jar lamps Sharon makes. Hopefully we will sell lots! Have to get back in time to milk Diva and feed the chickens so it will be a busy day. My tomatoes either have small tomatoes on them or lots of blooms. I am getting lettuce and onions already. My okra, cucumbers, squash and beans are growing like crazy. All the flowers are blooming or getting ready to bloom. The birds are enjoying the feeders and birdbaths. Life has been good this week on the homestead. God has blessed me well. I hope each of you have a wonderful weekend and lots of blessings! Edited to add that Mary over at Fireflies and Frogs ask everyone to take a photo of their calendar and post it so here it is Mary. I don't have kids to fill my days so its not anything like yours.

5 comments:

Amy said...

I know this doesn't have anything to do with this post but I have to say that I love the music you are playing on here.

Judypatooote said...

Hi Peggy; I signed onto Etsy's and was going to buy some soap, a couple different kinds, but it I clicked the kind, and couldn't add that i wanted more......so I will have to try again......I bought some at a craft show, and I loved it.......I love your goat on the top......I hope you didn't have to bad weather there.......I always feeling like I have to go rest after I listen to all you do.... so I think I'll go rest now....LOL

eyes_only4him said...

just wanted to let you know Norm made it here today..later tonight I will post some pics and then I can email you some too..he is much shorter than I thought..haha

Rosa said...

What a peaceable kingdom you have. How wonderful. (BTW, I have my calender in my head most of the time--otherwise I fill in the one on my computer for important stuff. Yours looks quite full!)

Miss Robyn said...

you, dear peggy are on the brink of building an empire! a woman of substance for sure xoxo