Monday, June 19, 2006

Monday's Aren't What They Should Be!

You would think being the first day of the work week and starting out fresh it would be a great day. Every Monday seems to go wrong for me. Today wasn't any different! The chicken that needs therapy for sitting on wooden eggs is now sitting on a empty nest and won't get off. She is going to hatch straw babies I guess as there is nothing under her. Raigun helped me clean out the chicken and goat pen. We tied up the tomatoes and mulched some more. I started a batch of soap and then got to helping Raigun download a computer game and burnt that batch. So had to toss it and start all over. Had to run get roofing nails for the roofer.... burnt another batch and had to toss that! My house is a mess because I have toys , games, wet swimsuits everywhere. Had to stop and have a talk with darling granddaughter. Grandma isn't a maid! You make your own bed, clean your own room, pick up your toys, games and clothes. You hang your swimsuit outside to dry along with your swimming towel and you put your dirty dishes in the sink. She looked at me and said "Oh alright grandma, I didn't know cause I don't do that at home". Well had a talk with daughter and guess what...... Raigun is going to be doing that at home from now on! Had a disappointing email from a soap customer and that made my day seem to go downhill. I have mailed off 5 different orders of soap today only to realize that one of them didn't have all the soaps in it. I found them laying on the counter so I had to rush and get them packaged and run back to post office. Donald and Daisy are upset with me because I cleaned out their "pond" and now they won't get in it. They walk up to it and stand there fussing at me in duck talk. Miss Diva loves Raigun. She stands still while Raigun pets her so I get the milking done without Miss Diva moving and trying to tell me she has had enough. Fran is jealous that Raigun is here and told me on the phone that I would even have less time for her now. I promised to take her to the grocery store tomorrow. Promised Raigun she could go swimming and William will be home sometime tomorrow so I have to get things finished and cleaned up for him. Don't want him coming home to a dirty house and unfinished projects. I just seem to get more behind no matter how much I try to do. Time to get a glass of tea step around the mess and the vacuum and go sit outside and watch the birds and count my blessings! Raigun was going to take a bath and get ready for bed but while I was on the phone with her mom she fell asleep on the sofa. Tomorrow will soon be here and as the song says.... the sun will come out tomorrow and its only a day a way! Counting my blessings and one of them is this day is over!

4 comments:

DonnaB said...

Sounds like a Jonah day. Cheer up, it will get better!

Amy said...

oh dear, sorry you haven't hd a very good start to your week, hope it gets better.

Ramblins of a middle-aged goddess said...

You have so many blessings..never fear having a small one around again..you will get used to everything and about the time you do she will be on her way home. Our 14 year old is here now too...

Anonymous said...

LOLOLOL my oh my how your post brought back memories! We sold our homestead and fulltime in our RV for now, until hubby retires, but I can't WAIT to be living that frantic, yet peaceful life once again. Nothing in the world like it!