Sunday, May 06, 2007

Wonderful Friend and Weekend




For those of you that have met blog neighbors you know what I am talking about. For those of you that haven't... please do! When Carol and her husband Terry got out of the car I felt like a friend had came to visit. I felt like I had known her forever. There was no uncomfortable or nervous feeling. It was two friends getting together. Our weather wasn't the best while they were here. It went from 93F to 56F and rainy to 60's and windy but they still got to do a little sightseeing. William wasn't able to be here though he did get to talk with Terry on the phone. He wanted to take them to all these places of interest. I think they enjoyed getting to catch up on some much needed rest and they got to meet the darling Ms. Diva. (She still hasn't had her kids yet.) I enjoyed sitting and talking with them in the evenings. So many different topics and such great conversations! I will miss Carol and Terry and hope they will plan a visit back again one day. When the remodeling is done and they don't have to walk over or around the handyman's projects. They brought me a beautiful ornament hand woven from wheat that a lady Carol knows made. I also got a bag of organic flour that was grown and ground not far from their home. I have promised William nice hot loaves of bread when he gets home. They are such a wonderful couple and I am very blessed to be able to call them friends. It was a pleasure to be able to ask Terry to say grace and to hear and see his love of God in his prayer.


Nitro and Sammi wanted the limelight in this photo. I think it had something to do with the cookies in Terry and Carol's hands.

Diva was finally able to have a photo with Carol without the other two getting in the way. We had hoped they would be able to see baby goats while here but Diva has her own plans of when she will kid. If you haven't visited Carol's blog, you should. You will meet a wonderful lady and find a wonderful friend. Thanks again Carol for coming all the way from Kansas and the door is always open to you and Terry. And remember you don't have to knock!

9 comments:

Carole Burant said...

Sounds like a wonderful time with Carol & Terry:-) Isn't it a joy to meet someone in person after knowing them online for a while?! That's how I met my best friend Steve!! Loved the pictures and your friends looked very happy to meet Ms Diva in person as well! xox

meggie said...

How lovely for you all to meet. Looks like you had a good time.
Isnt Diva being coy!

Anonymous said...

I have never meet my blogging friends but sure is nice to read about your meeting.

Tammy said...

I think it is beyond awesome when bloggers get to meet and cement their friendships...I went over and said "Howdy Do" to Carol and almost forgot to come back by here...lol!!
:)

Ramblins of a middle-aged goddess said...

Peggy I am so glad that you got to meet Carol. I am going over to her blog and introduce myself. It is great to meet other bloggers. Lazy Daisy and her hubby are here with us for a week right now .Course we have been friends before blogging. She is the one responsible for my blogging in the first place. Keep us updated on DIVA..Sandy

peppylady (Dora) said...

Sounds like your friends and you all had a wonderful time.

Rosa said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful visit. I miss having friends like that. I know what you mean. Comfy friends are just the best. xo

Rosa said...

Oh my gosh Miss Diva! All that for nuthin'? Ouch. Hope you've had some sleep dear Peg.

DonnaB said...

I'm glad you had such a nice visit!