Monday, May 26, 2008

Happy Memorial Day

Hope everyone has had a wonderful day. William has been home so we spent the day trimming goat hooves,worming and building a milking stanch. A young guy lost control of his car last night and took out our mailbox and sign post. His father talked with William and is going to pay for us to replace everything. We went to Lowe's this evening and purchased new mailbox, posts and materials. William will be out early in the morning putting everything together. I spent the evening in the soap shop and will be delivering local orders tomorrow morning after milking. After trimming the dwarfs hooves we milked the 2 does. We have been weaning the babies. Its different than milking our Nubian's but it all worked out. We did our holiday grilling last night. We had a lady truck driver friend that was visiting Wendy come over and we grilled steaks. Had the usual fresh salad, baked potato, garlic cheese bread, watermelon, cantaloupe and chocolate cake. Tonight we just picked up a hotdog while out at Lowes. We both are dragging tonight. Had a busy day and another one tomorrow. I hope to take pictures of the goslings swimming but have been so busy I haven't taken any pictures. This past Sunday was my family reunion. William was on his way home and I was busy with the catering thing so didn't make it. I hope to get up to the mountains in June to visit family. Just don't seem to have time to go anywhere lately. Everyone have a blessed week!

10 comments:

Lib said...

Hi Peggy,
You sound very busy.
Hope you get to rest and relax when you get to the mtns. Thats what we plan to do.:o)
Have a great wk.
Blessins',Lib

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a busy,but fun day. Bless you and Happy Memorial day.

Marci said...

Hello Peggy. You are busy as usual. I am looking forward to your gosling pictures. How is Bud doing?

Phill said...

Just wanted to stop by to say happy Memorial Day weekend to you, Peggy. Sounds like you have lots of neat things going on, as always. I'm especially looking forward to baby duck pics!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a great weekend Peggy:) Glad you got to spend some time with William. I hope the young man wasn't hurt at all? It's good to see his father taking charge on the fixins though:)
Hope you make your family visit coming up. It's always nice to take a break once in a while when you can.
Blessings,
Regina

Tossing Pebbles in the Stream said...

It is too bad you missed the family reunion. I know these family occasions are important to you.

When I made my pass through Western North Carolina, the Wisteria was in full bloom. It was a lovely occasion. I hope to possibly return this Fall.

I hope your young neighbour learned a lesson. He got away with something. Hopeful he has learned to fear the automobile a little. A new post box is a cheap price to pay for the lesson.

Baba said...

Hi Peggy, sounds like your week-end has been a busy one.I am glad William was there to help you...Helping hands get the work done...one day when I go visit my sister who lives in Weaverville,N.C., I would love to visit and meet you..My spelling is wrong for this name...You always amaze me with all of your animals and the love you show to them..Have a good day. Hugs, Baba

Jeanette said...

Hi Peggy, Im Back, Just popped in to say hi.and wish you happy Memorial Day I see you have had a very busy week.. take care ill be back ...

JoyceAnn said...

Happy Belated Memorial Day to you and William.

DH worked on the chicken coop and I worked in the garden yesterday , it was a busy day for us too.

I hope to have chickens this year , but at the rate my hubby works ~~~ just not sure (LOL).

~ Hugs ~ JoyceAnn

Carole Burant said...

Oh sis, I'm so sorry you had to miss your family reunion! I know how much you love being with family. It's understandable how busy you are, though, you have so much to take care of. Your holiday grilling sounds delish...you have the same tastes I do in food! hehe xoxo