Monday, July 28, 2008

Winkin' Blinkin' and Nod

Winkin', Blinkin', and Nod, one night sailed off in a wooden shoe;Sailed off on a river of crystal light into a sea of dew."Where are you going and what do you wish?" the old moon asked the three."We've come to fish for the herring fish that live in this beautiful sea.Nets of silver and gold have we," said Winkin', Blinkin', and Nod.
The old moon laughed and sang a song as they rocked in the wooden shoe.And the wind that sped them all night long ruffled the waves of dew.Now the little stars are the herring fish that live in that beautiful sea;"Cast your nets wherever you wish never afraid are we!"So cried the stars to the fishermen three - Winkin', and Blinkin', and Nod.
So all night long their nets they threw to the stars in the twinkling foam.'Til down from the skies came the wooden shoe bringing the fisherman home.'Twas all so pretty a sail it seemed as if it could not be.Some folks say 'twas a dream they dreamed of sailing that misty sea.But I shall name you the fisherman three - Winkin', Blinkin', and Nod.
Now Winkin' and Blinkin' are two little eyes and Nod is a little head.And the wooden shoe that sailed the skies is a wee one's trundle bed.So close your eyes while mother sings of the wonderful sights that be.And you shall see those beautiful things as you sail on the misty sea,Where the old shoe rocked the fishermen three - Winkin', Blinkin', and Nod

12 comments:

Unknown said...

I miss a couple of days and here I am playing catch up again. Wow you have had a lot going on there at Hidden Haven. Congratulations to Blinkin on her babies. I would bet your goats are the only ones in the world that get a story read to them when they are about to kid.

You changed clothes on your blog. I like the new look. I see that you still have your mighty warriors in training.

Lib said...

Cute!
Blessins',Lib

Rosa said...

Awwwww. They are precious. Love the names.

Carole Burant said...

Perfect names for them, sis! I hadn't heard that story in such a long time...I need to relearn all of those for when my grandbaby is born:-) Love ya sis! xoxo

Jess said...

You know..I had never heard that story all the way through.. i justlove your goats...they are too cute.

CiNdEe's GaRdEn said...

Oh how precious!!!(-: Love their names too!

Diary From Africa said...

What gorgeous babies they are ! I, too, love the names :)

Tossing Pebbles in the Stream said...

Two more lovely little buckeroos. You certinly have had a disproportionate number of them.

They are a lovely colour, buckskin
perhaps.

Judypatooote said...

When I posted "Little Boy Blue" I checked into Eugene Field who wrote it, and found out he wrote Winkin, Blinkin and Nod too....he is a poet of childrens poems.... I think your little Winkin, Blinkin and Nod are so cute....

Peggy your blog is beautiful.... I love The cutest blog on the block... she has such beautiful backgrounds, and when I saw yours before, I went over there and picked up mine....I love the black and white look of yours.... judy

Anonymous said...

Hey Peggy. I loved reading Winking, Blinkin, and Nodd. I haven't seen it in so long.
Beautiful babies. I know you all are very proud.
I have had a time leaving comments around lately on blogger, but I have been visiting and enjoyed it everytime.
Have a great day!

Mrs. Darling said...

Love your new look. Congrats on the babies!

I too love the goats names. I once tried to raise two little ducklings. I called them Dilly and Dally but alas, something ate my baby ducks and thats the last I tried to raise animals. sigh

Phill said...

YAY BABEEEES!!!!!!!!!!!

So happy for them! They are really gorgeous - the coloring is just beautiful. I'm in love with Winkin. Oh, if I could only have goats just now ... sigh.