Monday, October 06, 2008

Monday Mutter

Taking a break from paperwork. My eyes were going to cross if I matched up one more load number in William's big stack of papers. I finally have someone that is going to come 2 days a week to help me with the truck and soap books. That will be a big help! I have made a dent in Williams and have most ready to mail to his company tomorrow. I still have a basket of receipts to enter and file for the soap business and I have about 2 weeks of entries on the goats to do. Each day I write on the calendar any shots, treatments, etc done on any of the goats. Then when I have time I enter those in each goats paperwork. When a goat is sold all the information is there for the new owner. It really helped alot to have all that information when Nitro went to the Vet. Knowing what we had been treating him with saved them alot of time. Anyways I am behind as usual but am seeing a light at the end of the tunnel. Had moved Diva, DiDi, Sonya and Sammi to the maternity pen a few days ago. They hated it! They cried like babies and since the pen is right near the house I heard every cry. Today I moved them to the center pen near the goats we are still milking. They are very happy. Blinkin and Blanche were moved from there to the pen and pasture with the milk goats. They seem happy. Nickel was moved to the big boy pasture and he is not happy. He loved being able to walk around free with you and get treats and petting. I think he will adjust soon. Moved Huey,Duey and Louey, to the geese lot. Its a big lot but has a fence they can't get out of so they aren't very happy. Poor things think they are in jail. All the other goats are happy though cause those little dwarf's thought they could chase the big girls long enough to wear them out so they would lay down. Then they could reach them. The big girls just kept running from them. Those boys got out of every pen we put them in so I moved the geese to my garden. The garden is done for the year and there is lots for the geese to nibble on. Its a big fenced in area so they have plenty of room. We moved their swimming pool and fixed a house for them. They think they are in heaven. So except for the dwarf boys all the animals are happy at the moment. Spending the day moving everyone has me hoping I remember where to feed in the morning.


Someone ask since Quackers thinks he is a duck does he swim. Yes, he has a pool in his pen and when he is out wandering around I have a small pool in the yard for him to use. Cheese just stands and watches. Doesn't seem to bother her he is in the water. Another ask if we planned to have 4 goats kid in January. Yes. Diva came in season and we decided we would breed her with Leonard. She is due January 10th. Sonya and Sammi came in season the same day and I put them with Frosty Dan. He is not a romantic kinda guy. He wants one thing and when he gets it he is done and ready to go back to his pen. The girls didn't like not being romanced but they didn't have a choice. They are due January 15th. And DiDi was bred to Brown Robyn. Here is where I messed up. I forgot to write the date she was bred on the calendar so am not sure what date in January she is due. I will be spending alot of time in the maternity pen come January. I am blaming old age on my forgetfulness. William doesn't buy it but its as good a reason as I can come up with. LOL Anyways I think that answers the questions asked this past week. If I forgot (oldage) please ask again in the comments and I will answer. If you want to ask a question go to the comments and ask. I will do my best to answer. Oh, Melody had a appointment with her regular doctor Wednesday. Hopefully he will get things taken care of for her. My Aunt Elizabeth (lives in VA)fell and injured her wrist and leg. She is having to stay at a rehab until she is able to take care of herself since she lives alone. Please keep her in your prayers. She makes the absolute best prune cake in the world! Have a great evening and count those blessings no matter how small or big.

9 comments:

Unknown said...

I wish your Aunt has a speedy recovery, and can't wait for pictures of the babies!

Anonymous said...

You have a goat due a day after my sis-in-law's b-day! No goat kids being born this year or for awhile:(

Lib said...

Hi Peggy,
Enjoyed hearing about your fur babies.
Hope melody gets Great news:o)
Hope your Aunt is better soon.
Oh how I can relate to those Sr. Moments!lolI have several these days.
Hope you have a great wk.
Blessins',Lib

Anonymous said...

I have a hard enough time trying to keep track of what is going on with one SoccerGirl kid. I could not imagine trying to keep up with all your kids!! Our thoughts are with Antie

Joan@CopperCreeker said...

I think we need to name you Queen Peggy BusyBee! You've got a lot in store come january! ; )
Still keeping you and yours in my heart.

Dana said...

I love reading about your goats and geese. I wish I lived near you then I would come on over and give you a hand:)

Dana said...

I almost forgot. I will pray for your aunt. I hope she has an uneventful and speedy recovery

meggie said...

You are so busy! Keeping you & yours in my thoughts.

Carole Burant said...

Sis, you have senior moments like I do, eh? hehe One doesn't realize all the paperwork involved in owning animals...it's no wonder you get so swamped with it at times. I'm glad to hear that you'll finally have someone in to help!

It will certainly be a busy January for you. Getting baby goats will be a wonderful way to start a new year though:-)

Love you sis! xoxo