Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Bunnies Everywhere

We are trying to downsize the farm, clean out storage buildings, toolsheds, and outbuildings. We are also downsizing the animals too. Pricing things for yardsales, listing on Craigs list, ebay, and private sales. Donating, giving away and throwing away has kept me pretty busy. While we are trying to downsize the rabbits had other thoughts. We have a abundance of baby bunnies that will be looking for a new home in a few weeks. There was alot of 8 week old bunnies but we have sold all but 4 of them. We still have a couple 4 month old bunnies for sale. There was over 100 chickens! Now its down to about 40 with more of them suppose to be sold in the next couple of days. Eggs sales are good but not so good we could sell 100 eggs a day. It has been a busy couple of weeks being back here at the homestead. Its been fun finding things I had forgotten about having and sad letting go of things I really like but don't need or have room for. Its the season for change, downsizing, simplifying, decluttering, and just getting life in order. Though my wonderful winter is over I am actually enjoying the first signs of spring and being able to work outside. Flowers are blooming here, trees are budding and my old herb garden has come to life. I picked some parsley and basil yesterday after cleaning out the beds and mulching. My camera is at the tiny cabin in the mountains so no pictures yet. In all the junk around here I am sure my old camera will surface and I can take photos around the homestead. Enjoy your day and don't forget to count your blessings!