Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Frugal Livingroom Redo

For those that don't know we live in a small home made from a 1940's Army building. The livingroom use to be pale yellow with green and rose slip covers.

It was a cozy but cluttered livingroom. Now the walls are a goldish tan color, painted with paint William's daughter didn't want to use on her house. The sofa and love seat are blue/white and tiny bits of gold plaid. They are the reason we went to Raleigh. They were given to William because his friend was getting new furniture. They are lazy boy with the sofa having a queen size hidden bed and the love seat having a double. I had white shears already. Kept my braided room size rug. Painted the old plank floor with some of the paint given to us by a lawn care customer. Kept my flower pictures but rearranged. I collected them over the years from yardsales, thriftstores, and flea markets. They are all part of a set but none were bought at the same time. Moved my mother's quilt to the corner behind the recliner which was given to us by a friend. My lamps I purchased several years ago at a auction. The computer desk is one of our old office desks. The antique secretary desk I use alot was purchased at a estate sale 5 years ago. The bookshelf is a yardsale purchase from 2 years ago and everything else in the room has been here for years. Just fresh paint and a rearrange and tada!

Sorry the photos are dark. I was so busy today I didn't get a chance to take pictures till tonight.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Peggy, Your living room looks so pretty, warm and cozy. The paint color looks similar to our living room and we enjoy the warm glow it gives the room. How blessed to get such pretty furniture and wonderful that you can sleep a few extra guests too. Looks like Rusty is already trying out the sofa! Your Mother's quilt is a real treasure and I love all your pretty art work. Is this the desk where you do your blogging from?

Betsy Banks Adams said...

They are not dark, Peggy... I enlarged them --and they are gorgeous... I love your new sofas... Wow--that's super... You two are so lucky--but SO deserving.... I'm happy for you.

Congrats on the new living room/computer room... That little black desk by your front door looks just like mine... I have mine next to my computer...

Congrats again... It's BEAUTIFUL.
Hugs,
Betsy

Unknown said...

Wow the place looks awesome! What a great job. And to think it didn't take much more than some paint and some gas (to go pick up the furniture). Gotta love it! It looks like you have tons more space too. How cool is it that you also got extra sleeping space!

PS Thanks for moving the jukebox up where I can find it!

Kelly said...

Peggy the room looks lovely. Very cheerful. Your hard work paid off.

Granny said...

I love the plaid sofa and love seat. They look pretty against the freshly painted walls. Isn't it something that by rearranging accessories already have the room looks completely different?

melissa said...

It looks wonderful...and you seem to have so much more room, in comparing the two sets of photos.

Looks like you're now ready for fall! :)

Sandy@American Way Farm said...

That looks like the same color as my living room. I love the warmth of it. It's amazing how much you can do on so little. Your room looks fantastic!

Kent Island Red said...

Looks great! Thanks for sharing.

Kelle at The Never Done Farm said...

Love it, so warm, cozy and inviting! Amazing what a coat of paint and rearranging can do.

I used to be afraid of color, everything was white or off white, then I decided paint is a relatively cheap way to dress up a room. Since I first painted two walls of our living room( at our old house) barn red and the other two walls a tan I've loved color!


Thanks for sharing :o)

Patti said...

Very Pretty!!! You have inspired me!

Christmas-etc... said...

What a lovely room!!!Well done!

amelia said...

I don't know how I missed this post but somehow I did!!

It's gorgeous! I really love the colour of the walls and everything else in it! You really do have a knack for this stuff!

Carole Burant said...

Sis!!! It's gorgeous!! I'm just loving the colour you painted the walls, it brightens up the whole room and everything just blends in so nicely. As you say, isn't it funny how just painting and re-arranging can make such a difference!! Love it! xoxo