Saturday, June 18, 2005

Fayetteville, NC For Now

Well, from a cabin in Minnesota to a cabin in Illinois to a trailer in Tennessee, we are now going to stay in Fayetteville for a while. William bought a house there when he was stationed at Ft. Bragg in the 70's. We lived there for 2 yrs when we first married but moved to Lexington. The house has set empty and after hurricanes last year has had major roof damage and inside water damage. We are going to repair and remodel the whole house and that will take at least a year. After that we aren't sure if we will go to TN fulltime or just have a getaway there for us and family. William doesn't want to sell the house in Fayetteville and its in a perfect location. The house is at the end of a long dirt lane and sits among a grove of big old oak trees. It is away from everyone yet you have nice neighbors near. Its out in the country yet close to shopping centers. There is woods all around and lots of garden spots and places for goats and chickens. Plenty of room for the dogs and cats. So that is where we will be for now. I will post pictures and updates on all the work we are doing. We are going to eventually put the house on solar and it already has a great well with lots of good water. The grandkids already love going there and having all that space to play, run and ride bikes. I have been so busy running to Fayetteville and here in Lexington that I didn't have time to post on my old blog so shut it down. Now that we know where we will be and what we will be doing for at least the next year I will try to keep this new blog up to date. I will from time to time call in my blogs and you can click on the audioblog and hear me talk about that days adventure........ Hope you drop by often!

1 comment:

Miss Robyn said...

I would love to be able to go back and live in times past. But that is not possible, so I make the best with what I have. Chemicals worry me....especially growth hormones. Good luck in your venture..I will be reading regularly!