Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Chicken Stew


I was asked if I would share my chicken stew recipe. My MIL makes her stew with chicken,milk, flour, salt, and pepper. She teased me today when I told her mine that I made vegetable soup with chicken. I told her she just made chicken soup! Anyway here is the recipe I use when making chicken stew:
2 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken breasts, washed, patted dry, cut into 1-inch cubes 3 medium onions, peeled, quartered 2 large carrots, peeled, cut into 1-inch-thick slices 2 potatoes, peeled, cut into 1-inch cubes 2 cans (14 oz. each) chicken broth 1 t. celery seed 1 t. dry thyme leaves 1/2 t. black pepper 8 oz. mushrooms, cleaned, halved 1 C. frozen corn 1 C. frozen peas In a 5-to-6-quart slow cooker, combine the chicken, onions, carrots, potatoes and broth. Stir in the celery seeds, thyme, pepper, mushrooms and corn. Cover and cook on low until the chicken is done and the vegetables are tender, about 7 to 9 hours, or on high for 4 to 6 hours. Stir in the peas and cook until they're done, about 15 to 30 minutes. 8 servings.

2 comments:

Maggie Ann said...

That sounds delicious! Thanks for sharing.

Miss Robyn said...

oh yummy! thanks so much, Peggy