Sunday, September 04, 2005

Quiet Day at Home


It has been nice and quiet today. I cleaned out some more kitchen cabinets, raked the dogs lot and played with them,cleaned out Bud's cage, fed, watered, and petted him. Filled up the community cat feeders and gave my cats a treat.Did a load of towels,worked on my blog,watched Son of Mask. touched up some more places with paint, sat and watched the birds from the deck. Did you know the finches are already changing from yellow to brown for the winter? They usually do this about six weeks before winter so we will see. Watered my flowers as we have gone from having rain everyday to having no rain at all. It has just been a nice pleasant day here without the news going in the background. I didn't go to church today but I did read my daily devotion and remember the Katrina victims in my prayers. I also remember to say thank you for the many blessings I have in my life. ... Especially the ones I have been taking for granted...like a nice cold glass if water. Hope you had lots of blessing today!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Couldn't agree with you more Peggy, with all going on after the Hurricane I feel more blessed and appreciative of what I do have. Thanks for commenting at my blog too.

Anonymous said...

Hi Peggy, yes, a nice cold glass of water is definitely one of lifes unspoken pleasures! At times like this finding god in the details of our day to day lives really matters doesn't it? Lovely post!

Miss Robyn said...

it is amazing how much it takes sometimes, to make us realize just how fortunate we are. thanks for this post, Peggy xx