Thursday, November 10, 2005

I brought down my old rain barrel and couldn't decide what to do with it. Before I have used it as a end table holding a lamp near a chair. I have set it in a corner of the kitchen and had coffee maker sitting on it and at one time I had vintage kitchen items setting on it. Tonight I kept looking at it and at first had it in the dining room with a enamelware pot filled with sunflowers sitting on top with a vintage lard bucket. Didn't like that so now its a night stand in one of the bedrooms. It just seemed to fit with the vintage pictures on the wall and vintage items I have sitting around the room. Well at least it looks good there for now.... Tomorrow is another day!

3 comments:

Maggie Ann said...

I think it looks charming. I like your flower arrangement on it too. Isn't it satisfying to make home homey! Your blog is special, I love coming to visit.

Amy said...

A friend of mine has one of those and she's put a vintage crochet cloth over it then placed favourite photo frames on it. It looks very vintage...

Miss Robyn said...

oh, I love it! it sounds just perfect homestead decor :)