Sunday, December 18, 2005


Gumdrop Cookies
1 cup butter 1 cup sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar 1 egg
1 teaspoon vanilla 1 1/2 cups flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder 1/2 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup quick oats (uncooked) 1 cup gumdrops cut up (no licorice ones)
Beat together butter, egg and vanilla until creamy. Mix and sift flour, baking powder and salt. Add to creamed mixture, blending well. Stir in oats and gumdrops. Drop by teaspoonfuls onto an ungreased cookie sheet. Bake at 375 for 10-12 minutes. Makes about 4 dozen
Whoopie Pies
Cream together:
6 tablespoons Shortening 1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup sugar 1 egg
1 teaspoon vanilla 1 cup milk
Blend together, then add to above mixture:
2 cups flour 5 tablespoons cocoa
1 1/2 teaspoon soda
Drop by spoonfuls on an ungreased cookie sheet. Bake at 425 for 10 minutes. Put two cookies together with this filling:
3/4 cup shortening 3/4 cup confectioners sugar
6 tablespoons marshmallow fluff
Beat well.

10 comments:

Shell said...

Oh dear, those whoopie pies look so scrumdiddlyumptious - they're making me hungry!

Cassandra said...

Thank you for sharing your whoopie pie recipe! I made these a couple of weeks ago and my cookies were lumpy :( Are these your pies? They are nice and round like I'd like mine to be, and your recipe is different than mine.

Heather Smith said...

looks delicious, peggy! I'll have to try some of each! gumdrops are my favorite!!!

eyes_only4him said...

i so need to whoppie pies..

they look too good;)

Perri said...

I had never heard of Whoopie pies till I went to Pennsylvania a couple of years ago. I loved them.

Just D said...

thanks for stopping by my site and leaving a comment. I value your advice and promise to think on your words...

Anonymous said...

Love and kisses and Santa Claus Wishes
Love you Sugar Plum!
Merry Christmas
Love Jeanne
X0X0

Finn said...

Hello Peggy, love your posting of recipes..and pictures of the family and the kids. Hope you are well and grinning as we slid towards the big holiday..Hugs, Finn

Laurie said...

Whoopie Pies look really good!!

Amy said...

mmm those look delicious, I swear I'm gonna put on 20 pounds just from looking at your yummy food lol