Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Clean House


The guest room is back in order. Fresh linens on the beds (washed in lavender scent), pillows and blankets aired on the line outside all afternoon (the rain stopped) are now back on. Room is dusted and vacuumed. Toys put away in the closet and books back on the shelves. The grandkids made their beds every day and kept things picked up but I love getting the room ready for my next visitor and want it just so so. For a week it was a child's room with play station, baby dolls, books and toys but now its ready for adult or child. I just love the way a room smells after a cleaning and airing. I set a little basket on the nightstand with personal lotion, soap, shampoo, tissues and even little chocolates, all in wait for another house guest. Hope I don't have to wait too long! The rest of the house has been cleaned and the trash has even been hauled off! Got all the bills paid and in the mail, the books are up to date so that will make hubby happy. Today has been a good productive day. Have more sourdough bread rising and am getting ready to have a nice bowl of soup. Think I will enjoy sitting and relaxing this evening. Want to read and watch TV for a little while and think I will turn in early. Anew day tomorrow and the sun is suppose to be shining with warm temps so I hear the outside work calling my name.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Peggy, came to visit, and I love your blog! Your guest room sounds just scrumptious - wish I could come to stay :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Peggy, Oh how you have inspired me.. I must rush... I'm off to bake bread.. xx Nicole

Miss Robyn said...

ooh, I might just come to stay !
I too, love getting my rooms in order and I love to put little treats for my guests. Maybe we should all open 'The Bloggers guesthouse'

Patricia said...

i love your attention to detail! i just moved into a house with an actual guest room and i've taken much more care with getting that together than i have my own bedroom. it inspires me to think that maybe i'll have a pretty room like that one day, too!

Finn said...

Love the look into your world Peggy, isn't blogging great?? And how wonderful to have such a plum-full day and so much accomplished..*S* You deserve the rest..Hugs, Finn

Laurie said...

Peggy,I really enjoy the photos of your home you have posted,it looks so cozy and inviting.