Friday, June 02, 2006

The Winners Are......

Since I only had 3 enter my blogday contest I have 3 winners!
Kristy if you will email me your address I will send the cake carrier on its way to you!
Tee, kindly send me your address so I can send the canister set to you!
Amy, I have a very special retro surprise for you so email your address to me so I can send it on its way to you! Thanks to all who left comments for my blogday and if you will email your address I will send you a bar of Miss Diva's goat milk soap! It's my blogday and I can do what I want!

Today has been so HOT! I was determined to stay outside and get things done and I did. I only came in to get something ice cold to drink and to wash my face to cool off. I spent 6 hours weeding (not many weeds thank goodness) and mulching the front veggie and flower beds. I washed all the bird feeders and refilled them. Washed the hummingbird feeders and filled them. Washed out the birdbaths and filled them. The birds must have been hot too cause they by passed the feeders and went straight to splashing in the birdbaths. My mulch pile is getting a little lower but I still have more than enough to mulch all the other beds and shrubs. I bought some plants off the 50% off rack at walmart and spent the afternoon setting them out. Still haven't gotten the tool shed all cleaned out but I might be halfway on that and plan on working on it tomorrow. I made a new soap scent! Wanted to make one just sold by us and after a few trial and errors I got it. Of course I named it Hidden Haven Goat milk Soap but it has a delightful scent. Its a little of the outdoors (raspberry and honey) and a little of the indoors ( vanilla and brown sugar) with a secret ingredient added. Had a lady make a one of a kind soap mold for me so the soap would have a homestead scene on it. I am so excited with how everything turned out! I am now working on a scent for a Miss Diva Soap. And no it won't smell like a goat!! I will let you know if I ever get it worked out. The same lady is making a goat mold for me for that soap. I have fresh tomatoes from the garden tonight with fresh lettuce and onions. Going to make me a wonderful salad for dinner along with a tall ice cold glass of applemint tea. First time I have ever grown applemint and its yummy! Since I finally finished my book review I can watch some DVDs tonight that I have been wanting to watch for weeks. At least I will try to watch them while I pay bills but I have a feeling the TV will be watching me sleep as I am tired. Not from the work but the heat. I am determined to adjust to it as it will only be getting hotter as the weeks go by and I do not want to turn on A/C. My ancestors made it without and I know I can. Well my salad is calling so have a wonderful evening and a great weekend. Don't forget all the many blessings that have came your way today.

11 comments:

Rosa said...

Oh Peggy, you exhaust me! I simply don't know how you do it. I'm sure when your head hits the pillow, you are out. How fortunate you are to do what you do (I'm too darn lazy). Maybe one day, I will have as much energy as you! You're the bestest!! I can't wait to hear about Miss Diva soap! How wonderful!! Have a great weekend and stay cool!! xo (Congrats to the ladies who won your goodies! So fun!)

DonnaB said...

I'm sure the birds appreciated your efforts to make sure they were fed and comfortable! Enjoy your DVDs...you've earned an evening of relaxation!

Amy said...

woo hooo! yay! Thanks heaps *hugs*

Unknown said...

Another busy day for you Peggy! Your new scented soap sounds delish - I will have to try some of that :) Good luck with the Diva scent too...

Kristy said...

Thank you we are so excited!I love the sound of the new soap the brown sugar is very intriguing:)

Cookie said...

As always Peggy you astound me with all your energy especially in the heat. So happy the soap business is working out so well for you. you are one clever girl!! Stay cool. Hugssss

Mindy said...

sounds like a yummy dinner!! I would love to order a few soaps from your shop as gifts...must stop by your shop and get a few...what do you recommend? The weather is your neck of the woods sounds just like the weather here...HOT!!! finally broke down and turned on the a/c a little while ago....enjoy your weekend!! Blessings...xo

Kali said...

You are such a trooper Peggy!
I'd love to order some of Miss Diva's goat milk soap, but unfortunately don't think it is allowed through our strict Customs regulations.

Patricia said...

6 hours weeding is not many weeds?! ack!

i am such a slug.

Tee/Tracy said...

The soap sounds like it smells delicious! You need to set up an online "store" so it's easy to buy from you. That's something I'd be interested in for a Christmas gift for my older sister. I know she'd love it.... Laughing about the "goat soap" LOL.

My 4 yr old wants to know if the music on your blog is a "mouse playing the piano" - Hee hee! What an imagination!

Thanks for the canisters in advance! I'm so excited! I'm going to go Email you my address now! :)

Anonymous said...

I say briefly: Best! Useful information. Good job guys.
»