Friday, July 21, 2006

Another Day of Heat

Like everyone else in the USA we are still having a heatwave. I go out 3 times a day and empty, rinse out and refill the animals water buckets. I put the hose on mist and wet all the animals that will let me. Most run from it. Have 3 more baby chicks from the hen that tried to hatch a wooden egg. Cannot believe hens that are only 5 months old are hatching babies. Miss Diva was mad at me for being gone all day yesterday. Jane and I went to Lexington for chickens that she wanted to buy. That was the trip I was suppose to pick up Matthew. I have spent the day today playing catchup. Had several orders for soaps and of course they were the scents I was low on so had to make a couple of batches. Was low on chicken and goat feed so had to go to the feed store. Got hay and straw for chicken boxes while there. Had to go to post office to mail out soap packages. Wanted to cut the grass but it is so hot and I had lots of other things to do. I am getting around 11 eggs a day right now but still have lot of hens that haven't started laying yet. My house needs a good cleaning but I can't seem to get it done. Its 5 pm and I am just now eating for the first time today while I am on computer. I finally broke down and turned the air condition back on in the whole house. It was 89 degrees inside! I am just full of complaints today.... sorry just blame it on the heat! I will be going to a family picnic tomorrow. My mother's family is having one along a nice big creek so the kids can go tubing and we can all catch up on family news. It will probably be the last get together for one uncle as he has cancer. They stopped treatments because nothing was helping and he is just taking it a day at a time. He hiked the Appalachian Trail when he was in his 60's. He also was the first person I hiked back into mother's and his old home place with. Enjoyed all the childhood stories. It will be fun seeing everyone but sad seeing Uncle Bob, knowing what he has and will be going through. Well I have finished my chicken and need to get back to work. Have a great weekend everyone. Try to stay cool, remember to keep all your animals in fresh cold drinking water. Don't forget to count your blessings!!!!

6 comments:

Rosa said...

Peggy, you once told me to go pee, now I'm telling you to turn that daig AC on!! Do it woman! It is too hot not too. You watch yourself, and drink lots of water. I know you put your animals before you, but do take care. I am soooo enjoying my candle and everything else too! thank you again!!

Miss Robyn said...

Peggy - I love to read about your farm life. Do you ever allow ms*diva to graze on your grass instead of mowing it? she is a princess, I know, so ordinary grass is probably not to her standards, hee hee.
89 degrees! I would have had that AC on ages ago. enjoy your family picnic !!
blessings & healing to your uncle xoxo

DonnaB said...

We finally got a break from 100 degree temps...maybe your break is on the way!

Mindy said...

tomorrow it will be at least 107 here...its relentless isn't it!! Try to stay cool dear...blessings...

Tee/Tracy said...

You are always so busy! Thanks for the reminder to count blessings :)

Ramblins of a middle-aged goddess said...

Yes, always count our blessings. We still have electricity!! Wow!! I just cannot understand how people got along in the colonial and earlier on days without air conditioning!! I am thinking that it was NOT this HOT Then!! We did not have air in Illinois until 1995 and made it somehow but here in the South East it is VERY hot!! I think about those LONG skirts they used to wear WHEW!! Makes me really HOT!! Have a good weekend and REST some!!