Friday, August 11, 2006


For every comment, email, ecards, posts, good thoughts and most of all every prayer! I am truly blessed to have such wonderful, understanding , caring friends. Thank you doesn't begin to repay the kindness each of you have shown me but please know its said from my heart.
Davie is buried in a nice spot near one of my flower gardens and bird feeders. I am planting a gardenia bush at the head of his little grave. I do want to tell you about Tiger and Davie. Tiger is the kitten I kept from Precious. Well he has always been a spitfire wild thing. He comes to you at feeding time but you better not try to pet him any other time. Well when I brought Davie onto the back porch Tiger went over and sniffed around his bed. Then he sniffed Davie and laid down beside him and started licking him like he was giving him a bath. Tiger stayed right there all night. He slept up against Davie and had a paw on Davie all the time. During the day Tiger would sit right next to Davie and when I held Davie and gave him his bottle Tiger would rubbed against Davie and cry till I laid him back down. Tiger would then start licking Davie all over again till he had him clean then would lay back down beside him. He never left Davie from the time I brought him on the porch till I buried him. When Davie died Tiger was laying against him and got up and moved off his bed and just sat and watch Davie. He sat there watching until it was light enough for me to see to bury Davie. Then Tiger walked with me and sat while I buried Davie and then walked off. He hasn't been back on the porch since. He comes running at feeding time but will not come sit with me on the porch again or let me pet him. I think he knew Davie was sick and needed him. Animals never cease to amaze me with their knowledge and love.

13 comments:

eyes_only4him said...

animals are very smart creatures..

we love ya peggy:)

DonnaB said...

Animals do seem to have a special knowledge. God bless you Mrs. Peggy.

~Nancy~ said...

My heart hurts for you and poor little Davie but it is a blessing that even the animal kingdom feels and demonstrates compassion. I think that is one of the reasons I adore animals and have such a soft spot in my heart for all creatures, great and small.........

Reminds me of the poem,
"All creatures great and small,
Our Lord God loves them all..."


Rest in peace, Sweet Davie.

Miss Robyn said...

I truly believe that cats can see into the spirit world, they can see what most of us cannot. Tiger knew that Davie was passing to the other side and was there to help him. There is more to this world than we know.
Peggy - I am still praying for Diva - please let me know how she is and when she is tested. xoxo
the gardenia is a wonderful idea - each time it blooms you will have sweet memories of a sweet little goat.

Ramblins of a middle-aged goddess said...

Oh how sweet..that is so touching. Just like hearing about Davie it makes me want to cry again. I love animals. They have such insight into things that we do not give them credit for. They are smart and feel thing that we do not know!! WOW!! What a story. Thanks for sharing it with all of your friends....

TJ said...

animal lovers like you never cease to amaze me!
(((hugs)))
You have such a heart for animals...what a blessing!

Shelley said...

Bless your sweet heart. I'm so sorry for your loss. We do love our animal family members.

Take care.

Rosa said...

What a special bond the two had. He made sure Davie was in good hands and perhaps he knew Davie needed a little animal lovin' too. That is just so sweet. What a special kitty and friend. What a wonderful memorial you will have when the gardenia grows. How lovely. You are such a special woman, Peggy. Here, share my hankie. xoxo

Judypatooote said...

I'm so sorry to hear about Davie. I know some people think, oh it's just a dog, or in your case just a goat, but animals can be like a family to us.....I feel it just goes to show, that you are a very caring person.....

I'm waiting for Norm to arrive...I sure hope he gets here by the 18th so he can join us in our girls week end.....I might have to blind fold him at some point....lol

Cookie said...

Even animals love and care for each other just as we humans do. Im sure your loving kindness Peggy has rubbed off onto Tiger and he has followed your example. What a wonderful sweet passing little Davie had with you and Tiger by his side. Hugs to you Dear Peggy.

Jeanne said...

Love and hugs and prayers!
Love you
Jeanne

Anonymous said...

So sad to come back and find Davie has passed away :( Oh bless that litle cat... How sweet of him to sit with Davie.

Still thinking of you and Miss Diva.

Alice said...

I'm sorry that Davie has passed away, but what a joy to have had him for a short time, and also to witness the empathy Tiger had for another animal in need. That is an amazing thing - (wouldn't it be wonderful if we humans could do the same for each other, regardless of race, colour or creed?).

God bless you Peggy, and Tiger and Davie.