Saturday, October 21, 2006

A Nice Saturday



A nice fire going on this breezy day making the house nice and warm this evening. Got more brush piled up from cutting wood. I cleaned out the goat stall and the chicken lot. I let all of them run free today and they loved it. Miss Diva kept running and kicking up her heels like a kid. The hens enjoyed scratching in the dirt and leaves on the outside of their pen while keeping close to the door incase they wanted to run back in. I got all the straw, hay, leaves, poo and sticks raked and cleaned out all the water troughs. I scrubbed the roosting poles and the chicken ladder. Cleaned and refilled the feeders. that brought all the animals running back in! they know the sound of their feeders being filled so I had no trouble putting the chickens back in the pen. Everyone seems happy and tired as they are already going up on their roosts for the night.

My antique washstand now has holes drilled in it for the vessel sink and plumbing. Wayne kept asking if I was sure I wanted to drill holes in that "old thing". One more step toward getting the bathroom finished. Hopefully next week will have it complete.

Have lots of movies I want to watch tonight. Have a book I finished reading but can't make myself do the book review. Have tons of paperwork but a warm fire, a cup of tea and a good movie sounds like my kinda night!

5 comments:

J C said...

Peace to you tonight Peggy. Betcha you'll be asleep in front of the fire before the first movie is finished. :)

Judypatooote said...

I went to the pumpkin patch with grandkids Sat. and then to grandsons football game....that was so much fun....and while at pumpkin patch they had 3 or 4 goats in a pen, that you could pet, and they had special feed for them....I took pictures, and will post some when I get them downloaded into my computer....daughter has my camera.. I thought of Ms. Diva when I saw them....I love Goats....
in fact I took some pictures of the chickens in the next pen....
I hope you enjoyed your movies, and book.....I agree with the other judie, I'll bet you were asleep before the movie was over...

Jeanette said...

HI Peggy
Sounds like you have had a busy day. Enjoy the warmrh from the fire But wonder if you will see the movie out

Lisa Oceandreamer Swifka said...

there you go again with that energy I want...you sure do accomplish alot - that tea, movie and book are well deserved!!!
XOXO

Anonymous said...

You deserve a night off once in a while!