Sunday, October 22, 2006

Ginger The Weather Turkey



Who needs the weatherman when you are lucky enough to have a weather turkey! Our weatherman was calling for rain today but last evening I noticed that Ginger roosted with the hens inside the henhouse instead of going up on the roof with Fred. She does this everytime its going to rain during the night. Sure enough about 10pm last night it started to rain that rain the weatherman said would reach us this morning. Last week the weatherman didn't say anything about rain but Ginger wasn't on the roof. I told the handyman not to leave anything outside as it was going to rain. He told me they weren't calling for it and laughed when I told him Ginger says its going to rain tonight. He put all the tools and wood inside the shed before going home. About 3 hours later it started raining. It has rained all day but now Ginger is up on the roof with Fred so I know tonight is going to be nice and dry. Yes, its nice having my own little way of knowing when its going to rain. Ginger doesn't even want a big salary or lots of new clothes. I just have to feed her twice a day with a few treats of sunflower seeds and dry catfood to make her happy.

7 comments:

eyes_only4him said...

does ginger know if its gonna snow here?

tlawwife said...

Maybe you could get her a job with the tv station.

Anonymous said...

You'll have to put up a weather report on your blog now. We have a radar web site for where we live that lets us know when the rain is coming.... but I like your way much better. Much love, Nicole xox.

Jeanette said...

nice having your own weather forecaster maybe ginger can get a job at the weather bureau it would be more acurite.

Anonymous said...

Ginger is too cool.
Hope you have a great Monday!

Marci said...

I have heard of weather stations, weather vanes, but never a weather turkey. That is so funny. I am glad you have your own built in rain gauge!!!

Anonymous said...

A weather turkey sounds fun! Your little homestead reminds me of that movie "Babe" where all the animals have a purpose!