Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Oh What A Night!




I came home from a women's circle meeting to find this critter on the back porch. He had been helping himself to the cat food in the automatic feeder. When I came up the steps he jumped up on the railing and just sat there. I came in and got my camera and he still sat there. I got 2 pictures and he still sat there. I came in the house and he decided to take a nice slow stroll down the steps and off into the woods.

On a brighter note, I received my Halloween swap package today! My partner was Kathleen at: http://strandedinthemountains.blogspot.com/ She outdid herself with this package! I received a tee shirt from their camp in SD, a lovely pair of earrings, some sweet smelling bath products that I will try out tonight. I got the cutest little outfit that is really dish cloths and came with its own special poem. Its too adorable to use! I also got a cute little wooden farmgirl for my kitchen, a nice box of hot chocolate packets, a box of chocolate and a ceramic jack o lantern. Thank you so much Kathleen for such a delightful package! Yours is going to be pale in comparison. Thank you Pea ( http://peascorner.blogspot.com/ ) for getting this swap together!


8 comments:

Ms. Kathleen said...

You are too sweet. It really isn't that much and not super Halloweeny -- except for the pumpkin and chocolate and I have the little candle that goes in the pumpkin sitting on my kitchen counter. Sorry about that! Happy your enjoyed it all!

eyes_only4him said...

ohh look at that cute lil possum..

gosh where i live we have coyottes roaming along with bears..

great gift bag u got there...so hey, did norm ever make it back home? or did i miss that post?

Pear tree cottage! said...

Peggy well hello there! now that all looks a lot of fun. I missed this swap and will have to wait now for next years. I must have missed Pea's post on it while I was ill. Anyway you have been sent a beautiful lot of things there.

Hope this finds you all happy as it leaves me here.
Lee-ann <^..^>

Jeanne said...

Your little possum knows where it is safe to visit.
Love all your treasure troves.
God bless you real good my friend.
Love Jeanne ^j^

Jeanette said...

Oh looks like a large rat but it knows it got a safe haven at your home. great package of goodies you have there.

Laurie said...

Oh I think that would have scared me ~ I think possums are kinda creepy, its not their fault they look like a BIG rat!!
Nice goodies you received from the swap!

Miss Notesy said...

SO FUN!!!! I want to join too!!!! :-)

Carole Burant said...

Ooooh yours is the first one I see showing pictures of your Halloween Swap goodies:-) You certainly did receive a wonderful package!! I can't wait to see everyones:-) It was so much fun planning and I just hope everyone will be happy with it!!