Saturday, December 23, 2006

Showdown at the Homestead Corral


We noticed Diva and Nitro were acting a little different. We decided it might just be "the time" so took the camera and went out to see. Even though Diva had been a mommy she had never did the act before. She had always went the artificial route. Diva didn't know what Nitro wanted to do even though she knew she wanted what Nitro had. It was a game of hot and cold going on out there. Diva would not stand still for Nitro and he was stressing out trying to get to her. I thought I could hold her so handed the camera to William and tried to help Nitro out by holding Diva. That didn't work too well and Nitro got even more eager. He then decided that there was too many males in the area and decided that William needed to go. Headbutting didn't work so he stood on his hind legs and let William know he was the king of that corral. William and I went outside the pen and nature finally took its course about a half hour later. Hopefully we will see babies in 5 months. Congratulations Nitro and Diva!!

8 comments:

Rosa said...

Well they sure didn't waste any time in starting a family! I'm just happy it wasn't a shotgun wedding. Congrats!

Ramblins of a middle-aged goddess said...

Well what a time those two are having. You always have such fun with your animals. Hey and it is nice to get a glimpse of what you look like. I have always wondered. Have a MERRY CHRISTMAS!! Sandy

Anonymous said...

Peggy,
You can turn anything into an adventure! LOL Hope you and William are now successfully on the way to being grandgoats.

Anonymous said...

Glad you were able to get them to breed. We are still trying to find the heat cycle in one of ours. Looking forward to baby pictures!!!

Anonymous said...

Norm arrived yesterday, and I will tell him he is going to be an uncle....of sorts....

As much work as you and William put into your place, you make it all sound like so much fun....if I lived where I could have goats and chickens etc. I would have tons of them...When I walk into a pet store, I want to take every animal home with me....especially all those dogs.....I do love seeing ms. diva and her hubby...and soon her baby.....Merry Christmas again, Peggy and after Christmas, please mail to me the address where Norm goes next.....he's had quite an adventure....and I'm so happy he is going to be with me and Max this Christmas....

Anonymous said...

well, well....that Nitro is quite the "randy" fellow...doesn't take no for an answer does he? and Miss Diva acting coy and demure..ah the mating ritual. lol! Here's hoping for baby news soon. :)
Here's also hoping you have a blessed holiday, filled with peace and joy dear Peggy!
XOXOXO
Lisa

Anonymous said...

here's hoping they have a long and happy life together and many more babies!

Anonymous said...

I wish you a Merry and Joyous Christmas!!
Blessings,
Mindy