Sunday, January 14, 2007

Bonnie Marie Weatherman



November 28,1923 January 14,2005

Can't believe its been 2 years since we said goodbye to you. I can still feel your hand against my cheek and see your eyes as you are looking at the angels that came to take you home. I can still feel the hurt and emptyness that I didn't think I would feel as I watched you take your last breath. I can still feel the love you gave me each day no matter what I did or said. I still feel blessed that you were my mother and helped shape me into the person I am today. I still thank God each night for letting me share every day of the last month of your life with you. I still remember the last talk you and I had. I still feel your presence because you promised you would be watching over me. I am so blessed to have all these feelings and memories but I would give anything to hear you say "I love you" one last time. I love and miss you Mother, always and forever.

9 comments:

Jeanne said...

Big hugs my darling friend.
Saying goodbye and letting go is one of the hardest life's lessons in my opinion.
Love you
Jeanne ^j^

Anonymous said...

how well I can relate to this, it's still so new for me and I feel my mom's absence every minute and miss her terribly. I know thought that this doesn't go away....I am hugging you Peggy.
XOXO
Lisa

Anonymous said...

My mother once told me that the dearest friend one can have is their mother! How true!! My Mom has been gone many years now, but I still miss her.

Carole Burant said...

She is indeed looking down on you and missing you as much as you missing her, I'm sure. Big hugs dear Peggy xoxo

Emily said...

Sending hugs your way, Peggy. I'm so very grateful to still have my mom. May the Lord hold you close and comfort you in your sorrow.

Anonymous said...

Peg,
What a beautiful tribute to your mom. Those special women who give us life, nurture us and leave us to miss them will always be close to our hearts and will live on as we hear their words coming from our mouths and the mouths of our grandchildren.
May you heart have peace.

Lynn Bartlett said...

What a tender tribute to your mom. I can't imagine how hard that must be, and I am also thankful to have my Mom still here. I miss my folks a lot, since we now live over 500 miles away from them. I am so thankful that we can still communicate by phone. Thank you for sharing.

Anonymous said...

You are so blessed to have such loving memories of your mom. I know you miss her but have the assurance of seeing her again.

Anonymous said...

Dear Peggy,
My heart goes out to you, this was so beautiful, I have tears in my eyes as I write this.
I can't believe it will be one year next month since my Mom passed away.
I am sure your Mom is watching over you, sending you hugs dear friend.