Friday, January 26, 2007

Friday Already?

This week has gone by fast. Making headway on the paperwork and the hall is finally finished! Wayne got the floor down today and I had decorating which means I have more items that I won't be using I can sell in a yard sale or on ebay! Trying to downsize and declutter as we do each room. Must say it looks alot better to me decluttered and alot easier to stay clean! After Wayne builds another bunny condo he will start on the kitchen. The kitchen keeps getting pushed back for other projects but I am really going to let him start after the bunny house for the baby bunnies. They will soon be too big to stay with momma and we need more condos anyway. 3 of the babies are already spoken for when they are old enough to leave mom. I have found 2 lion head bunnies that I want to purchase to raise babies and will need a condo for them. Starting to feel like Noah's Ark around here. The rug in the hall was made by my neighbor Jane. She tore sheets into strips and crocheted 2 rugs for me for Christmas. They are so heavy and so nice! Forgot to move Wayne's power cord for the photo. He had to drill a new hole for one of the bedrooms doorknobs.
You can see the bumps and boo boos on the walls. Wayne sanded and fixed some but I told him to just paint over the rest as they were part of the house's history. Wayne is a perfectionist and would have loved to smoothed every wall but then I would still be waiting for the hall to be finished. LOL The oil lamp was my step dad's mothers lamp. The antique table is one of a set that William and I got at a auction. The antique tin photo I bought off ebay and the antique locks and keys William picked up somewhere. The framed poster is of the Golden Knights Army parachute team. I was autographed for William while he was still in the military. The door to the bathroom is center and the linen closet is on the right. If you look real close you will see I need about 2 feet of border having enough to finish the hall. Hopefully I can find more tomorrow as I purchased it on sale.
The animals all seemed to have did well with the cold weather last night. Their water was froze this morning so had to bring rabbit water bottles inside to thaw and refill. Broke the ice on the chickens and goats water and gave the 2 sick hens warm water with antibiotics in it. Diva seems to be happy in her fleece shirt so I left it on. Tomorrow is suppose to be warmer so I will take it off and let her enjoy the warmth of the sunshine. All in all it was a nice quiet day and hope tomorrow is the same! I have been asked if I would post some of my recipes that I have been simmering on the stove all day. I will try to post them tomorrow or Sunday.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm curious as to what's wrong with your two hens, and what you're giving them for antibiotics.

Glad Diva's doing well! She looks so much like my Toggle.

Ramblins of a middle-aged goddess said...

Hey posting recipes..I will be on the outlook for those!! Yummy! Your hall looks great..thanks for posting pictures..Keep warm. sandy

Anonymous said...

The hall turned out great! I want to try my hand at a crocheted rug sometime...that was really nice of your neighbor but I'm sure she looked at it as a labor of love for her neighbor!

Anonymous said...

Have a wonderful weekend. Your house is looking so amazing I love it. I will be looking for the reciepes. I don't want to put you to extra work. I just thought to myself gee how will you add that into your day? All your hard work shows in the photos you share. I look forward to your daily postings.

Anonymous said...

Gosh, you have been so busy! Things are looking wonderful.
Tell Miss Diva I think she looks swish in her red fleece!

xx

Anonymous said...

I love the rug, and the color of the walls is gorgeous ~ I am always afraid to paint anything dark ~ but I think this time around I will be brave ~ the photos you show of your home always look so warm and cozy. Hope you stay warm this weekend. And what the heck is a lion head bunny ~ I would love to see a picture if you get some!

Anonymous said...

I just love the effect of the burgundy walls with white trim...I think that makes a home look so cozy and inviting! Love that rug too, reminds me of the ones my gran use to make but unfortunately I don't know what happened to all of them. If you sell anything on ebay let me know, I wanna look!! lol Hugs xox