Sunday, March 04, 2007

Some of My Thrift Store Finds

Besides buying chickens and getting free goose eggs I did find some nice items while thriftstoring. Here are a few of them and I will post more later this evening.
Aren't these little ladies the cutest thing! They seemed to have spent the day shopping too.
This cookbook was published in 1941. Was given to someone in 1945
The giver of the book also wrote a recipe for corn soup on the opposite page.
This cookbook was also published in 1941
The cookbooks cost me $4.00 for both and the little women were a dollar each.

4 comments:

Carole Burant said...

Awww those two little women are just adorable and what a great find those cookbooks were! I just love finding old cookbooks like that, especially when the owner has written their name and date inside of it!! Makes you wonder which recipes they tried:-) xox

Ramblins of a middle-aged goddess said...

Peggy a cool find...You and I would get along so good but I need to quit looking at things like that. One of these days I am going to have to downsize and then all of that GOOD STUFF is going to have to go...boy am I going to be sad. Hope your Sunday is going great..Sandy

Rachel said...

You did make out well at the thrift store!! Love the little old ladies and the cookbook!

DonnaB said...

The little old ladies look like some type of Hallmark item. Love the cookbooks. If you get any good recipes out of them, you'll have to share!