Friday, July 20, 2007

The Babies Are Home!


Frosty Dan and Brown Robyn may have a headache and a little mad at me but they are home. They will get antibiotic and pain injections for a couple of days and keep their bandages on for a few days but well on the way to getting into things again. I cannot say enough good things about NC State University Veterinary Teaching Hospital and Dr. Jim Floyd. They are wonderful, caring and devoted to giving the best care to all the animals. They are sincere and kind with the owners. I was explained everything before the surgery and given different options, then given updates and choices on their recovery. Dr. Jim stayed till 10pm last night making sure the boys were up and about doing okay. He explained in detail what they had done and how he had even called in 2 other doctors for opinions. He sent me home well informed on how to care for them and with enough medication to help their recovery. Alice and Jennifer and the other students were so gentle with the boys. Dr. Jim said the boys weren't alone because everyone including the maintenance men stopped by to pet them. They were happy to be home but Diva is a little nervous around them as they smell different and they have bandages on their heads. The boys want no part of me at the moment but I am the one that caused everything. Hopefully they will forgive me soon and life at the homestead will get back to "normal"

9 comments:

meggie said...

Peggy, I know how glad you must be to have your lovely boys home again! They will recover & forgive you, I am sure. Your soft heart is so caring.

peppylady (Dora) said...

I wishing them both a speedy recovery

Mary said...

Hi Peggy, just checking in as I arrived home from Bald Head Island tonight and have to catch up on your always intersting news. (If I had been home here in Raleigh yesterday I would have tried to visit the boys at the Vet School - and perhaps could have met you and taken you to lunch - do let me know if you have to return any time in the future). The school is such a fantastic place isn't it - when NC State first opened it we took the tour and were fascinated, especially seeing where they operate on the horses and large animals.
So glad they are now home.....and sporting neat head gear!! They are adorable - are you really going to send them away to new homes?

Hope the lucky kitty survives now Mom is around - you were so sweet to do what you could for them all.

Cooled off a bit thank goodness - I know you nust have been hot in Raleigh yesterday - heard the heat index was 105!!
Take care, Mary.

DonnaB said...

That's good news!

Rowan said...

Glad to hear that your two boys are home and doing well. I have to say that they look rather sweet with their bandages:) How are the kitten and its mum doing?

Miss Robyn said...

good to hear that everything is ok and they are back home..give them some treats, they will forgive you - oh but not the treats in your apron pocket, I don't think gum would go down too well :)

Baba said...

Hi Peggy, Hope all of you are well and that the " boys ' are healing and feeling better.You are a great nurse and care giver. Bless you . Baba

Jeanette said...

HI Peggy im Back and come straight in to see how the boys.
Hope the boys headaches have stopped and are healing fast. Poor Kitty pleased Mum turned up now the little got a good chance of making it.

Jeanne said...

I am happy your lovely ones are home.
Love Jeanne ^j^