Sunday, July 08, 2007

No photos of the pool party but we had a blast yesterday. Maggie and Brannon came down for the weekend and brought Kristine and Raigun to stay for a week. We went to the flea market and a thriftstore before coming home and having a few days late birthday party for Maggie. The neighbors had a cookout/swim party and we took some covered dishes and the grands stayed in the pool until they looked like prunes! Got out long enough to eat and wait for a thunderstorm to pass before getting back in and staying until dark. They swam while it was raining and thought that was so cool. LOL We came home and watched "flushed" or at least Kristine, Zake and I did. Raigun and Julie crashed as soon as they had their pjs on. After helping me feed and milk this morning the grands are now outside playing a game of volley ball. Kristine bought a volleyball/badminton set yesterday with her mom so they all could play. Next to swimming I think its their favorite thing to do. Guess the bikes will get a little break. I am trying to play catch-up in the soap shop and with laundry and paperwork. We also have a young couple visiting for the weekend that we are talking to about helping us here with the animals and chores. William will be home tonight and we will sit down with them and see how it goes. Right now they are just enjoying walking around the place getting to know the animals. Its just been a crazy busy weekend but filled with lots of laughter inbetween the kids little arguments. I had forgotten how much children fuss with each other only to be best buddies five minutes later. I have started taking away fun things when they argue. If they can't disagree and work things out in a nice way they lose swimming, biking, games, etc. Maybe by the time they go home they will have learnt how to solve disagreements without hurtful words.
Zack decided Raigun was having too much fun riding in the shopping cart so crammed hisself in there too.
Raigun and Julie are raking the peacock pen so they can go swimming this afternoon.
Since the word "swimming" was mentioned Zack and Kristine thought they better get busy on the goat pen.

8 comments:

Miss Robyn said...

I love that you make your grandkids do 'chores' before they have fun...although those chores sound like fun to me... but that makes them appreciate everything in life and not have it handed to them on a silver platter....
hope you have lots of gum in the apron pocket xox

Ramblins of a middle-aged goddess said...

Those big carts are so hard to push with groceries and kids in them. I tried it once with our grandkids and that was it...too heavy for me...what fun you are having. I am happy that you make them do chores too. That is wonderful for them to learn to do that before FUN!! Sandy

peppylady (Dora) said...

I don't know what happen to e-mail I send you about the summer scavenger hunt could you please send me a blank e-mail and I'll be glad to send you your partner and if I understand your partner has your package ready to go.

Dora
peppylady_60@yahoo.com

Anonymous said...

It's good to see kids actually get out and help with some of the work. I bet that swimming feels wonderful when they finally get to jump in the water.
You're a fun grandmother.

Hugs,
Connie

meggie said...

Very busy weekend for you.
Hope you get some help.

Judypatooote said...

What wonderful memories your grandkids have created....I still have memories of collecting eggs, picking berries, climbing a cherry tree for the cherries for a cherry pie, when I was around 10 years old that was 56 years ago...and it's something I will never forget...but it was at my aunts house in the country.....

Anonymous said...

Looks like those kids are having a good time with the goat pen :)

Marci said...

You are really making memories with those grandbabies. Even the chore part will be a sweet memory for them. Enjoy every minute of it!!!