Thursday, February 28, 2008

Update

We changed Sammi's appointment till tomorrow. It was a very cold day here today and with her having a hard time walking we could not get her up into the back (covered) of the pickup. We were going to use our trailer but its not closed in and we didn't want to risk her getting cold. She is also having a discharge that we hope is the beginning of labor. Tomorrow is suppose to be in the 60's so riding in the trailer won't be so hard on her. We are trying to keep her as stressfree as possible. I am praying she goes into to labor tonight and gets those big babies out so she can breathe and walk easy again. We got control of the ketosis and that is a good thing. We have been in the maternity building so much that when we came inside this afternoon to eat William said one of us smelled like a goat then after sniffing decided we both did! He had his shower before going over to put Fran to bed and I just apologised for my smell as I knew I would be right back out there and will take my shower later tonight. Fran isn't doing very well. She makes this mumbling noise over and over and can't stop herself. It makes her mad that she has no control and tries to tell herself to shutup. We stayed late last night trying to calm her down and her daughter said she kept it up till 4am. Tonight when we put her to bed she was asleep before her head hit the pillow because she was so tired. She still made the noises all day. Please say a prayer for her. She has lost a lot of weight and has just about given up eating. Fran still enjoys having the cards read to her and hearing all about the goats. She will listen for a few minutes and then want us to be quiet while she thinks on what we said then we can tell her other things. Thanks again for all your emails and comments. After things with Sammi return to normal I hope to be blogging regular.

9 comments:

Ramblins of a middle-aged goddess said...

I have been afraid for Ms. Fran. She sounds like she is failing. I so hate to hear that!! You two are so nice to her. That is just wonderful of you!!
I hope that Sammi has those babies tonight. I will check back..Sandy

Jeanette said...

Hi Peggy. Sending my love to Ms Fran,
I hope Sammi has her babies very soon and then you wont have to transport her in the trailer.. ill check back in later today..try to get a little rest.... Jen

Anonymous said...

sending lots of love and good thoughts your way! i'm so worried!

meggie said...

Hope that Sammi gets those babies out, & gets some relief. You will all be worn out.
Feel very sorry for Fran. Sending positive thoughts for her.

Phill said...

Take care Sammi and Miss Fran - we know you are with good people and well taken care of.

LivingTheLife said...

Peggy,
I am trying to get around to all my favs and catch up a bit...I've been out of the loop for a bit...see my post and you will know why.

So sorry to hear about Miss Fran...I will certainly keep her in my daily prayers...she is such a dear one...and I know she means so much to you and hubbin'...as I am sure she cares equally as much for the two of you. My goodness you guys are such loving people...not only to our human friends...but to our little four legged ones as well...what a world this would be if more were as caring as you and Will...

Please keep us posted on both Sammi and Miss Fran...I'll be praying for all...and poor Sammi...she really needs some relief soon, doesn't she? As well as you guys.

Blessings...
Teresa

Anonymous said...

I sure hope tonight is not as stressful. I do hope the babies come,but it is peaceful.

Rosa said...

It breaks my heart to hear about Fran. I truly sounds like she is ready to leave this place for better pastures. My uncle got that way and it was heart wrenching. We all sat by his side and told him if he was ready to let go then God would be waiting for him up in heaven. He seemed at peace with that and passed shortly after. I think sometimes people fight to live and forget what lay ahead. I know this all must be so hard on all of you. Of course, I will keep you all in my prayers. xo

Anonymous said...

I just love the goats they are so cute,and really enjoy your blog.