Thursday, October 09, 2008

This and That

Photo is of Nitro last Halloween. Sure do miss the big guy.
Been busy today with 2 big wholesale soap orders and got a order for 25 candles for tomorrow. William is going to a Boy Scout weekend camping trip with 2 of his grandsons. I have been busy making a huge pot of chili and lots of corn muffins that they can heat up tomorrow night after they get their tents and everything set up. I also made some pumpkin muffins and goat milk fudge that I got the recipe from Pine Pod Farm . I must say it is yummy. I don't like the taste of coffee but I like this fudge! I have been packing up camping gear, food, etc so our hired hand can take it and meet William. He is going to go camping with them too. I will be taking care of the animals and trying to build up my soap stock for the craft fair next weekend. I hope to finish a book I started a couple months ago.

I was asked if I used a pod press for some of my teas. No, but I am thinking about getting one.

I was also asked about Bud's eyes in the photo from last post. His eyes were closed as he was asleep. The big spot is not his eye but the subtympanic shield.

The boys are still in rut at the moment and yes there is that goat smell in the air. Nubian's don't smell as strongly as other breeds but they do have that strong scent at the moment. They are in the woods in front of the property and thank goodness the clothesline is in the back of the property. Hopefully this rutting will end soon and the scent and crazy behavior will settle down. LOL

Yes, we do have a lot of animals and I do feel like ma Walton saying good night. I usually go out each night before bed to make sure everyone is okay.

Yes, Fred was right again. We didn't get the rain the weatherman was calling for. My neighbor called me today saying she checked to see where Fred was before she went to bed. She wanted to know if she needed to close her windows for rain or not. She says she trusts Fred much more than the TV.

My friend HomemakerAng is having a fantastic give away! You should visit her blog and check it out. With all the things she has been doing I get tired just reading about her day.

That's about it for my day. I still have a few things to clean up in the kitchen and things to pack for the camping trip before I head to bed. Everyone have a great Friday and a fun relaxing weekend!

13 comments:

meggie said...

Laughed about Fred, & the weather. I would trust the animals more than any sophisticated weather forecaster! LOL.

Kristie said...

Like you need one more thing on your plate,lol, but I was wondering if you are going to host the secret stocking swap again this year? ;)

I can't believe it's so close to time already.

Raggedy Angel said...

Thanks for coming by! I love all your babies....now I want some! Beth

Homemaker Ang said...

i love coffee. I have heard die hard tea drinkers, like you mentioned, usually are not coffee drinkers... I live both :) Earl Grey is my favorite tea. :)

Anonymous said...

Isn't that delicious fudge Peggy even if you don't care for coffee;)

Lib said...

Hi Peggy,
You sure are busy! I don't know how you keep up eith it all!
HAve agreat day!
Blessins',Lib

Heidi said...

Ma Walton!! LOL my maiden name was Walton!! In high school my nickname was Jonboy... no kidding

Thistledew Farm said...

Another great day....if you have a minute check out the word exercise on my site, I tagged you!

Marci said...

I love that Fred is a great weatherman and that your neighbor trusts him more than the news. We all need a Fred at our house!!!

Juli said...

Niks favorite things are pumpkin muffins :) The boy could eat 12 a day if I let him.

It sounds like you're having a wonderfully busy time. Congratulations on all the soap and candle orders !

Dana said...

Wow you really are busy! I love your life Peggy!

amelia said...

I'm going to be a real pain and now ask what a subtympanic shield is!!!

Sounds very interesting!

Jennifer said...

What a cute picture, him with his little devil horns. The music on your page is really neat, I wish I wasn't still on dial-up.