Wednesday, April 07, 2010

Strawberry Bread and Strawberry Butter Recipes

I can't believe the days are getting away from me. Seems like my feet just hit the floor and its already past bedtime before I turn around. Hidden Haven is keeping me busy but I am loving it. I am waiting to see if Bonnie and Clyde are going to hatch goslings tonight. All the piglets and momma pigs are doing wonderfully. I have to break Tessa the turkey heart tomorrow and remove her eggs. She has been sitting so patiently and they were due to hatch today. I checked and every egg is rotten with some of them already collapsed. She and Fred have watched all the babies around and wanted some of their own so badly. I hope she will start laying again this year. I haven't had a chance to get back in the gardens. I have a ton of seeds and seedlings begging to be put in the ground. This weekend is my plan for that if nothing happens. Rusty is going crazy trying to keep check on all his farm babies. He is not liking people coming to take any of them away but will have to get use to it. He walks on his hind legs following them all the way to their cars trying to see his baby. Then as they drive away he looks at me like I am a mean old lady and goes inside and hides under the sofa. That is life here at the homestead. Never ending days but boy are they filled with blessings. I have had several requests for the strawberry bread and the strawberry butter recipes so here they are. Enjoy!

Strawberry Bread
3 cup all purpose flour
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp soda
1 TBS ground cinnamon
2 cup sugar
1 1/4 cup chopped nuts
3 eggs well beaten
1 1/4 cup oil
2 cups strawberries cut up or can use frozen ones thawed

Combine dry ingredients. Make a well in center of dry ingredients; add eggs and oil, stirring only until dry ingredients are moist. Stir in strawberries and nuts. Spoon batter into 2 lightly greased loaf pans. Bake at 350 for 1 hour or until bread tests done. Let stand overnight before serving.

Strawberry Butter

1 cup confectioners sugar
1 cup butter
1 cup strawberries chopped up (fresh or frozen)

Blend berries in blender let set at room temperature. Blend butter and sugar, gradually add berries. Once whipped keep refrigerated.

8 comments:

Jennifer said...

Thank you for the recipe! Poor geese, I hope they can hatch some babies soon. Love your blog background!

Lib said...

Poor Tess and Fred!XOXOX
I am so happy to see you enjoying yourself so much at the Homestead!
Makes me want animals again!!!!!!
Thanks for the recipes!
Blessins',Lib

Anonymous said...

Busy Spring days in a place you love; I bet you sleep so soundly!

Granny said...

I've copied the recipes and will be trying them soon. They sound great.

I hope you don't get attacked when you try to remove the eggs. I know that geese can get pretty fiesty.

amelia said...

It's so good that you're happy there and all the animals love and know you anyway!
Poor turkey, I hope she makes some babies soon!!

Rosie said...

Strawberry Bread, I had never thought of that! I shall be trying that out!!!

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for the recipes!
Poor Tess~bless her heart...
Glad to know that mama pig & piglets are doing well.
Rusty is such a sweet boy & loves his friends on the farm~
I just love hearing about life on your homestead! *Ü*
Have you made any soap lately?
I haven't in about a month & I am hoping to get some made soon!
Wishing you a very blessed weekend!

Anonymous said...

hey your blog design is very nice, neat and fresh and with updated content, make people feel peace and I always enjoy browsing your site.

- Norman