Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Spriwinter???



We have been having 75 degree weather for the past few days. Finally today a cold front is coming in and its suppose to only be in the 40's with 20's tonight. think this new season should be called spriwinter. Now if I could just have snow! The daffodils are blooming and the iris and tulips are starting to come up. I still want a few weeks of sitting by the fire with my seeds catalogs. Still have a few more cabinets to empty in the kitchen. I have a little kitchen set up in the diningroom with my microwave, 2 crockpots, toaster oven, griddle, and hotplate. Think I will be able to survive and I will have the woodstove keeping the kettle hot for cocoa and tea. It will be so worth it to have a nice new kitchen. Time to get back to working on tax paperwork and I have some new soaps in the soapshop ready to be wrapped and listed on etsy. Everyone have a great day and think SNOW!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know what your saying regarding this weather we are having! On my back porch the therometer says its 84 degrees! Even in California..this is weird! Tomorrow we have a chance for rain, but much cooler temps for certain! Have a great day Peggy!
Blessings..

Ramblins of a middle-aged goddess said...

Peggy this is weird here in Ga too. My EASTER LILIES are coming up!! I have gardenias that I not STOPPED blooming and I need to cut them back...I cannot do it with them blooming and new buds on them. Crazy I know. I agree with your new season name...Sandy

Carole Burant said...

My spring flowers are also coming up which is unheard of at this time of year in Northern Ontario!! As I said in one of my posts recently, Mother Nature sure is confused this year!!!! Hugs xox

couragetocreatewriteandlove said...

I am enjoying your pictures very much, you know, my biggest dream is to own a farm, yes, a silly city girl dreaming, but I know I will own one day and then you will see MY pictures, LOL. I am curious about your soap so I am going to check your older posts for a link.