Monday, July 30, 2007

Last night I was laying on the sofa watching tv when momma kitty jumped on me and dropped her kitten in my lap. I petted the kitten and then took her back to where momma kitty had had her hidden for the past week. A few minutes later momma kitty jumps back up and drops the kitten in my lap again. I am thinking maybe she is wanting a new hiding place so I make her a nice bed in a dark corner where no one can see her, put the kitten in the basket and go back to the sofa. A few minutes later the kitten is put back in my lap. I take her back to the old hiding place and a few minutes later the kitten is put back in my lap. I end up sleeping on the sofa with baby kitty and momma kitty laying on me. I had to sleep on my back all night so I wouldn't disturb them. This morning I had to get up to feed and milk so I gently moved momma and baby off me and onto a blanket on the sofa. Baby kitty has stayed there all day and if I am in the house momma kitty cries and follows me till I sit down by baby kitty. I tried to tell her I am not babysitting. She seems to want me to watch over the baby kitty or hold the baby kitty. If I hold the kitty she will go eat and walk around. Its like she knows someone is watching the baby so she can have a break. We cut firewood all day and as soon as I came inside this evening she was under my feet crying till I sat down with baby kitty. Momma kitty needs to figure out how to let the kitten sleep alone while she takes her breaks. Right now she is sitting on the sofa looking and crying at me cause I am sitting in a chair.

Guess I had better get back on the sofa and pull my time with the kitten. Momma kitty must be hungry or need to stretch her legs.

11 comments:

Turtleheart said...

Hi Peggy! I received your summer scavenger hunt package over the weekend! Thank you SO MUCH for everything! I really enjoyed the package. I posted about it on my blog today, too.

Dawn Marie

Miss Robyn said...

it seems that mummy Kitty has turned into a wonderful mum! She knows her baby is safe on your lap!

amelia said...

So very lovely and you are such a good mum!!!

monique said...

So the baby kitten has 2 mums Ü.
it sounds cute.

Ramblins of a middle-aged goddess said...

That is such a sweet story!! i just loved it!! That momma kat since she is so young herself has bonded to you, Peggy!! She trusts you with her kitten!! I think that is precious!! I wonder what she will do when you take her baby away!! I hope she can handle it. You are such a sweet person to love those animals like you do. Sandy

Tossing Pebbles in the Stream said...

Hummm! your cat is acting like a teenaged mother trying to pass of her responsibility to you. Was it not her first litter?

I sometime wonder who is in charge in your world.

Patty said...

Oh how sweet. It sounds like Mama Kitty is feeling a bit insecure and wants your help. I hope you don't have to sleep on the couch again tonight

DonnaB said...

The time you spend blessing your critters is truly admirable.

Baba said...

Hi Peggy, I loved this story.The mama kitty wants you to love her baby as much as you love her. How sweet life is between humans and animals. Baba

Rosa said...

Mother Peggy, hard at work. You are just too sweet.

meggie said...

That is such a sweet story. She obviously trusts you completely with her little baby. Perhaps because you saved the kitty for her.